Friday, April 18, 2014

Sketchbook Inspirations

I went to the coast earlier this month, I dragged a whole bunch of art supplies with me.  I do this on every trip I take and usually the art supplies stay in the bag or suitcase untouched for the duration of the trip.  This time, however, I actually got some work done.  
I spent a large amount of my walks looking down to see what had washed up on the beach. 


Then, in the afternoon or evening I would sketch a little based on what I had seen that day.  

It was a fun exercise and I think I should do it more often. The beach consists of layers upon layers of textures.

I think I could do a whole series just based on the way small sticks and debris pile up on shore.  There's a perfect balance of randomness and almost contrived arrangement. 

 I love the feel of a sharp, tiny tipped pen on crisp drawing paper!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment