Thursday, February 9, 2012

What I Ate: Thank You, Mark Bittman

The Sunday New York Times is worth the price for the Magazine alone.  I would even venture to say that the weekly Mark Bittman column in the Magazine is alone worth the price.

Every week he picks a simple food theme whether it is a type of cuisine or a specific item.  This last week it was all about the humble chicken breast.  This column is a nice reminder that it is okay to slow down and cook something simply without having to make a big gourmet feast.   I suffer frequently from that syndrome.  If I am not spending 3 hours preparing dinner, then I am just opening a can of soup.

Ugh, why do I do that?  But not today!  Today I made his simple chicken and mushroom in a skillet recipe.  (Although of course I had to add kale because I can't leave well enough alone.)

Check out Bittman's articles.  He has cookbooks too but I don't own any of those.   Yet.

1 comment:

  1. Or you can just get Mark Bittman's QUICK and EASY RECIPES from THE NEW YORK TIMES. (I found it at Borders in Dubai) The recipes in it are just as you describe ... simple with a few fresh ingredients. However, I have heard How to Cook Everything is also worth getting.

    ReplyDelete