Wednesday, January 25, 2012

38 Things: Donate Blood

I realized the other day that since we moved I completely lost track of my 38 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 39 and it was time to jump on board the to-do list wagon.  When I glanced over the list again I noticed that I actually have been doing quite a few things to move my list along.

Like donating blood.  I donated blood yesterday for the second time since I turned 38.  I love donating blood.  The staff at the blood center make you feel like you a celebrity for doing it and they give you chocolate milk and cookies afterwards.  I am also B- which is only about 2% of the population so they have shortages and they call me and remind me when my time is due.   Something pathetic like only 5% of the population that is eligible to donate actually does.  Do you know if you are eligible?  Call your local blood bank and make an appointment.  It only take about 45 minutes and most of that is paperwork or drinking chocolate milk: the taking blood part is about 10 minutes. One donation of blood can save 3 lives, no joke.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I had an hour to kill yesterday and remembered your post about donating blood. It was just the gentle nudge I needed. I donated for the first time in over 6 years. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I also feel like I am speaking to the emptiness of cyber space and wonder if anyone is listening! awesome!

    ReplyDelete