Wednesday, October 12, 2011

38 Things I Want to do Before I Turn 39

Well, another year has gone by and that means another list of things I want to do.  This is my third year of The List.  I never quite finish it all, but that really isn't the point.  It is there to get me to think outside of my comfort level and get inspired to create new things.   I also like when I write up a new list because I get all inspired and productive for a little bit.  In fact, I've already made an appointment to donate blood tomorrow.  Yee Haw!

38 Things I Want to do Before I Turn 39

1. Paint a really big painting for our new house.
2. Re-do the floor in my new studio.
3. Have a crafty night with friends.
4. See the Gauguin exhibit at SAM.  I missed this, but purchased tickets to see King Tut!
5. Donate item to an auction.
6. Donate blood.
7. Make a table runner.
8. Throw a themed brunch.
9. Make a balsamic glaze reduction.
10. Make my own bitters.
11. Eat sushi in Seattle.
12. Build a new headboard or platform bed frame.
13. Visit an out of town art exhibit.
14. Visit the Bellevue Art Museum.
15. Finish Novel.
16. Sew a skirt.
17. Run a half marathon.
18. Get off the continent.
19. Host a big dinner party outside in our new garden.
20. Make ravioli from scratch.
21. Create an animated short.
22. Tour a candy or chocolate factory.
23. Make/buy/modify a new coffee table with a mid-century modern theme.
24. Large felt installation.
25. Felt a funky hat for myself.
26. Paint a painting for a friend.
27. Better photo set up for pics on ETSY.
28. Sign up for Outright bookkeeping.
29. Design new garden for new house.
30. GET A DOG!!!!
31. Mail gifts unexpectedly to friends.
32. Make a charm bracelet.
33. Blog 200 times.
34. Perfect a gluten free cake or cupcakes.
35. Paint on silk.
36. Full day at Olympic Day Spa.
37. Pay toll for vehicle behind me next time I drive on the Narrows Bridge.
38. Bike to Point Defiance, run the 5 mile drive, bike home.

3 comments:

  1. In reviewing your list I've noticed I've done a few of them.

    3. Have a crafty night with friends.
    5. Donate item to an auction.
    6. Donate blood.
    9. Make a balsamic glaze reduction.
    10. Go see an opera outside of Washington state.
    11. Eat sushi in Seattle.
    13. Visit an out of town art exhibit.
    18. Get off the continent.
    19. Host a big dinner party outside in our new garden.
    21. Create an animated short.
    22. Tour a candy or chocolate factory.
    26. Paint a painting for a friend.
    29. Design new garden for new house.
    30. GET A DOG!!!!
    31. Mail gifts unexpectedly to friends.
    33. Blog 200 times.

    Don't wait until you 40's to work on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done quite a few of these in the past too. But I want to do them again this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the list!!

    You know, every year you put one out I get all inspired to do my own, but never really follow through. Maybe I'll try again this year and make sure I have stuff like try your home-made bitters, eat all your gluten-free experiments, go to a friend's place for craft night, and watch an animated short made by someone I know. :)

    By the way, there's a mid-century furniture place down the street from us that's pretty good. Next time you are over we should check it out.

    ReplyDelete