Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What I Ate: Grilled Pork Chops with Arugula Salad

We can not grill enough once the weather turns. We will grill 4 or 5 times a week until October. My favorite thing is some type of grilled meat on top of some greens with maybe some grilled veggies mixed in or on the side. And grilled salad is delicious too. Just cut a head of romaine in half, lightly oil it and toss it, cut side down, over a medium grill for 5-10 minutes. Serve with fresh Parmesan and a thick Russian or Caesar dressing.

The meal pictured above is thin cut boneless pork chops so they cook in just a couple of minutes. We coated them with a Tom Douglas BBQ rub first.

The salad is just arugula and grape tomatoes tossed with a dressing made of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red wine vinegar, pinch of sugar, salt, and pepper. Then I sprinkled Gorgonzola cheese on top. I don't like overly strong blue cheeses; this one had some stink, but did not overpower the other flavors.

Tonight I am grilling flat iron steaks and making an arugula salad (Again! I never tire of them either!) with beets and probably more Gorgonzola.

No comments:

Post a Comment