Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting the Ball Rolling

I have been waiting eagerly for this lovely package to arrive.

A new dress form!

I have wanted one for a while to display jewelry on for photos and once I started making felt scarves, I doubly knew I wanted one. I looked for a couple months before finally finding one on Ebay for under $100. Many of the cuter, vintage French-style dress forms are in the $300-$400 range. If my scarf enterprise becomes wildly successful then maybe I will invest in one at a future date. For now, this will do the job nicely.
I think the scarves look 100 times better on the form than just laying them around on a table. I still need to mess with backdrops. I may need to paint a wall specifically for this in my office or perhaps buy a fabric drop. I see trial and error in my future.
Now I need to go buy a proper 8' table for felting and I will be quite happy. (I am easily pleased!)

No comments:

Post a Comment