Monday, August 2, 2010

Sketchbookapalooza

I am taking part in a very fun art collaboration, the "Sketchbook Project", organized by the creative souls behind the Art House Co-op in Brooklyn, New York.

This co-op designs massive art projects with the premise that anyone who wants to participate, can.

The Sketchbook Project is a project in which you select one of their themes (I chose "In Flight"), you send them $25-$45 (depending on if you want your piece to be recorded digitally or not), they mail you a blank sketchbook (smallish and red-bound), you mail it back full of sketches and collage or whatever pertaining to your theme (by January 15, 2011), and then it tours the country with all the other sketchbooks other artists have made, and eventually ends up back at the Brooklyn Art Library where you can go and take a look. I paid the extra $20 so that I can view it online as well.
Fun! I just received mine in the mail today and I want to get started on it PRONTO, but I have a little too much other work that I need to be doing first. So I will think about it all week and hopefully start working on it by this weekend!

With still 89 days to sign up, you too can fill up a sketchbook! I would love to hear about other artists participating in this. My friend Ann introduced me to this project. I love the idea of making something and then letting it go out into the world without much control over who will see it or how it will be displayed!

1 comment: