Friday, June 18, 2010

What A Fun Show

It is always quite exciting to have a show, to make work and display it to the world. But it can get pretty exhausting as well. Too many 10 hour days and too much take away food gets on ones nerve after a while. And then the show goes up and you anxiously await your first visitor to come to the opening and then everybody starts showing up and then you start selling things and more people show up and you pass out Sangria and sell more items, and well, it's a pretty good feeling.
But today, the day after, is luxury. I slept in. We went and drank beer with lunch and watched the England/Algeria game (a draw) and now I have been leisurely working on my new website. This is a nice feeling. But I still have to photograph my leftover jewelry from the show to put on ETSY and finish uploading photos on my website so I can launch it on Monday. Phew. A little breather, but now I need to keep going.

I feel really quite honored right now to have such great friends that make an effort to come to my shows and support my work.
Although I never get to talk to everyone as much as I would like to!

Here's my Sangria recipe.

Jennevieve's Red Bomb Sangria

1 cup Brandy (the nicer the brandy, the better the sangria!)
1 lime, cut in thin slices
1 lemon, cut in thin slices
1 orange, cut in half and then into thin slices
1 apple, any crisp variety, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup grapes cut in half (optional)
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 container limeade or lemonade concentrate
1 bottle inexpensive red Spanish table wine/Rioja
1-1 liter bottle club soda or sparkling water, chilled

The night before, combine fruit, sugar, and concentrate with brandy and put in fridge.

Right before serving, combine with Rioja and sparkling water. Stir well and serve over generous amounts of ice and be sure to include an orange slice and some apples and grapes in each glass.

For the art opening I doubled everything except for the wine which I quadrupled and it turned out great! Also, I didn't have grapes, so I put in two apples. Have fun with this. You can also use white wine, yum! Perfect for summer BBQs (and art openings!).

1 comment:

  1. The show looks like it went really well. Congratulations. I love the peacock!

    ReplyDelete