Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Special Commission

My friends Danny and Alex just bought a new house and Alex asked me on the sly to paint a painting for Danny as a house warming gift.

This commission took about three weeks; the first week was just spent thinking about what I was going to do. I was given full reign to do as I felt, which is nice. I know Danny has been liking my ravens, so I decided to go with a Raven Steals the Sun motif. It's very hard to see in the photo, but I painted many, many layers and there is a lot of texture and depth. I am very happy with it.

It's acrylic, 3 feet by 4 feet. I kept wanting to post about it, but I know Danny reads this occasionally, so I had to hold back.

Finally, I finished and delivered the painting yesterday and it turns out their front door is bright red so when they open it, the painting will be in the front room and it will look great!

2 comments: