Monday, May 10, 2010

Save the Date!

Save the date!

Thursday June 17th I am having a gallery show at Madera Architectural Elements here in Tacoma. It's called Raven Meets Crow (after my etsy shop) and is completely dedicated to bird sculptures and one big raven painting.

I am working hard getting pieces created and am pretty excited about having something to crow about. Okay, that was a bad pun since at least half the sculptures will be crow and raven sculptures. That was a really bad pun. I should just delete it and you would be none the wiser, but I am slightly nerdy, so I will leave it as is.

Madera Architectural Elements (MAE) is a fantastic art alliance I am a member of that specializes in custom building artistic elements for buildings. That's where I focus on my mosaic work, not my sculptural or painting so much so this show will be a nice bridge between the two.

The opening will be 5:30-8:30 and will be up for a month but that evening only I will also be showcasing some of the new jewelry I have been making out of tin as well.

I have been having a lot of fun with my found materials. The red bird above has a lot of sequins on it as well as tin and some of the black bird's feathers were made out of old record vinyl. All of the birds will be new, none of them will go to Etsy unless they do not sell at the show.

Hope to see you there!

2 comments: