Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More Fun with Stencils

I have been busy cutting out a lot of new stencils. I stopped using the expensive stencil film and am now cutting everything out of manila folders.

The first one and the last one I started by painting the background in acrylic and then doing stencil and collage on top.


I am really loving cutting out all over patterns. I draw the designs freehand because I don't really like the look of computer generated patterns-too artificial and stiff for me. The hand drawn and cut ones are more organic and obviously handmade.

This is eventually going to be a cover page for my 36 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 37. Needs a little more work.

This crow is my favorite so far. I really like combining the stencils with collage and pen and ink drawings and am working on a whole new series (to sell on Etsy).

No comments:

Post a Comment