Monday, September 14, 2009

Mega-Chess


I am working with a group of people in creating a giant chess set made out of found objects.

These are the two pieces I made. On the left, the three stacked buckets with the sewing machine is a knight and on the right, the lamp on the two buckets is a queen. The color is wrong, but it was the only green spray paint meant for plastic that I could find. My friend John has nicely offered to paint them the correct shade since I can't make it to the chess rehearsal tonight.

What: MEGA-CHESS, a performance art event.
When: Sunday, September 20th, NOON to 3PM
Where: Tollefson Plaza, Pacific Ave & 17th street, Tacoma.

We will be recreating an historic chess match as well as having open play and are encouraging people to bring their own chess sets to the plaza to play themselves! My husband Trevor will be acting as referee while I will be running around, moving chess pieces. Lots of fun, looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I would have never thought to put buckets and lamps and sewing machines together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces look great! I'm so bummed I'm going to miss everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing idea. Loved your chess pieces!

    ReplyDelete